What makes spandex the best fabric for swimwear?
It’s undeniable true that the quality of swimwear fabric has a direct impact on the performance of the swimmer. Since ideal swimwear fabric offers a perfect stretch and dries real quick, Spandex for swimwear posses all the qualities of the best swimwear fabric.
Spandex fabric wricks off the moisture quickly and provides an accurate amount of stretch and comfort to the swimwear whereas natural fabrics like organic cotton and wool are not usually regarded as the best fabric for swimwear as it dries really slow making the swimwear heavier and impractical.
Spandex is an ideal fabric for swimwear but it can’t stand alone so it’s blended with fabrics like nylon to create shape retention and a stable look. When Spandex is added to swimwear fabrics, it increases the durability and functionality while offering an amazing swimming experience.
Wondering what qualities make spandex the best fabric for swimwear?
Let’s walk through a few distinctive qualities of spandex that make it ideal for swimwear.
- Stretchable: Spandex is said to be the strongest fabric because of its stretchiness. Spandex can stretch 10 times more than rubber without breaking, which helps swimmers to swim without any discomfort. And the best part about spandex is that it also stretches underwater whereas other fabrics don’t.
- Amazing Recovery: After stretching underwater, spandex can attain its original shape which is the quality of ideal swimwear fabric. If the swimwear will not attain the original shape then it will impact the performance of the swimmer negatively.
- Dries Quickly: Spandex wricks away the moisture quickly which does not make the swimwear heavy and let the swimmer swim without any restrictions.
- Durable Spandex fiber: is known to be the strongest yet durable fabric. It holds the shape inside or outside the water. Moreover, when spandex is added to the swimwear it automatically enhances the life of the swimwear so it doesn’t lose its shape easily.
- Enhances the quality: When spandex is blended with premium quality fabric it elevates the quality of the swimwear which prevents the swimwear from any injuries and rashes.
- Cost-Effective: Spandex is a great package of all the qualities that are required in an ideal swimwear, and the best part is that it is cost-effective as compared to other fabrics.
- Elegant & Comfortable look: Spandex fabric offers body-hugging stretch which helps you to flaunt your curves comfortably and also gives an astonishing look. Also, spandex is one of the softest fabrics that allows the swimmer to move freely and comfortably.
- Resistance: Spandex is resistant to body oil, chlorine, swear, and saltwater. This distinctive quality of spandex is just like the cherry on the cake which makes it more suitable for swimwear.
The best swimwear fabric is the one that fulfills the needs of a swimmer without offering any discomfort, while selecting the best fabric for swimwear you may need to rethink and consider various factors i.e: comfort, stretch, water resistance, and so on.
Most swimwear’s believe that different fabrics behave differently underwater. Each fabric fits and feels different so it is crucial to select the right fabric that enhances performance and comfort.
So next time you go swimwear shopping don’t forget to check on the fabric that can elevate or demote your swimming experience.