As a responsible corporate citizen, Indorama Industries Limited (IIL) is conscious of its obligations to the environment and society at large. IIL manufacturing facility at Baddi is a zero waste discharge plant and equipped with solar powered panels for street lights.
As part of Corporate Social Responsibility, IIL has initiated many activities:
- Financial aid to girls for their school fees, uniform and admission charges.
- Distributing warm clothes during winters to the needy and poor kids in nearby villages.
- Building bus shelters in Baddi to protect passengers from extreme heat and rain.
- Promoting better sanitation and hygiene in nearby villages.
- Building pedestrian path over bridges in the nearby villages.
- Green belt development in the plant as well as in the surrounding vicinity.
- Self-sustenance workshops for village women, e.g. Sewing Machine workshop, etc.
- Conducting free medical camps for workers and families in nearby villages.
These are some small stepping stones in the endeavour to be a responsible organization and in improving the environment and living conditions of the community. Indorama is continuously striving to take a leadership position in CSR activities.